HandsetsHandset Components

Ask the author
Author: Steve Entwistle
Publication Date: Mar 19 2015
Pages: 14
Report Type: Data Table, Excel
Handset Components

Smartphone CMOS Image Sensor Market Share 2014: Samsung Holds Narrow Lead in 2.4 Bn Unit Market as Sony Replaces Omnivision at Apple

Please contact us to discuss pricing Contact Us

Report Summary:

The market for CMOS image sensors in smartphones increased by 28.5 percent to 2.41 billion units in 2014. The smartphone image sensor market is largely dominated by Sony, Samsung and Omnivision who together accounted for almost 60 per cent of 2014 shipments. Main camera sensors accounted for 55.4 percent of the total smartphone image sensor market in 2014 with front facing camera sensors accounting for the remaining 44.6 percent (up from 26.8 percent in 2010). This report details the market share trends over the last five years for the major CMOS image sensor vendors including Sony, Samsung, Omnivision, Toshiba, ON Semiconductor, ST Microelectronics and others. The report details market share for main cameras as well as front facing cameras.

For more information about our services please contact us or email support@strategyanalytics.com


  • This report is available for individual purchase.
  • US and global visitors can buy this report for $4899.
  • UK visitors will be charged £3600.
    Add a one hour briefing with an expert Analyst $1000 ( £820 for UK visitors). This briefing will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and provide both further depth and clarity on the report topic. A Q&A session will be included.

Service Subscription

  • Access this report as part of a service subscription
  • Benefits of a service subscription:
    • Access to industry leading analysts
    • Both current and historical repository of research
    • Timely updates to forecasts, market share, market sizing, and trendsEtc.

Let's talk

Now you know a little about us, get in touch and tell us what your business problem is.
Inquiry / Message:

please enter captcha from left