This report has been removed, please click the menu above to find the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
Ground Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022
Despite pressures on global defense expenditure, there will be continued investment in communications capabilities with the market for tactical radios growing at a CAGR of 7.2 percent to reach almost $4.5 billion in 2022. The bulk of volumes will focus on handheld tactical radios which will represent 94 percent of shipments. While the market for single-band capabilities will still grow, the multi-band sector will be the fastest growing market across all form factors, accouting for 78% of the total market by the end of the forecast period. The emphasis on handheld radios will limit the electronic component market to just over $721 million, but the shift towards multi-band will drive component demand opportunities for new technologies such as GaN.
Table of Contents
- Global Defense Expenditure
- Communications Expenditure
- Tactical Radio Shipments
- Radio Market Segmentation
- Handheld Regional Segmentation
- Handheld Frequency Segmentation
- Manpack Regional Segmentation
- Manpack Frequency Segmentation
- Portable Regional Segmentation
- Portable Frequency Segmentation
- Radio Transceiver Shipments
- Transceiver Electronics